14 August 2008

Hoodoo

Arlee is a Canadian textile artist who will be adding new articles to the Community Sketchbook. I welcome her and am excited about the stories that she intends to share.

This sketch is a study for her Hoodoo series, which will be translated into textiles. The sketch itself has so many layers and textures that it is quite intense. The paper that this sketch was created on is a heavyweight tablecloth that was saved from the garbage. If you know me at all, you know that I love to retrieve paper (and other items) from the trash. So kudos to her. I anxiously await this Hoodoo series that she'll be creating.

You can find out more about her and her work here.

hdsk1 front

1 comment:

arlee said...

Thanks Shawna for the intro and kind words:}
I intend to use that tablecloth *as* the "fabric" for one of the pieces in this series. It has SUCH a lovely hand to it!!!